[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox doesn't appear on my network after installation

Sébastien Barthélémy barthelemy at crans.org
Mon Nov 12 21:01:50 GMT 2018

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 8:07 PM franken.tunui at gmail.com <
franken.tunui at gmail.com> wrote:
> What do I need the serial USB for?
> If I flash an SD card then I do everything from there?

you'll need to connect to the LIME2 to type the commands listed at (see
point "2/ install freedombox" in my previous email).

You can do so using either
* an hdmi screen and a usb keyboard
* and ethernet cable and SSH from your computer (it requires you to guess
the LIME2 IP address)
* a serial USB cable to your computer.

If you have a suitable screen and keyboard this is probably the easiest:
plug them, insert the microSD card, power on, you should see logs of the
system booting.