[Freedombox-discuss] Raspberry Pi complete

Milan Zamazal pdm at zamazal.org
Wed Nov 4 21:32:44 GMT 2020

    >> If only the Raspberry Pi team would give priority to the need to
    >> get rid of non-free binary blobs in our computers.

    SM> There are several other small&cheap SBCs (such as the Banana Pi
    SM> or products from Olimex or Pine64) which provide similar
    SM> functionality without requiring any binary blobs (tho
    SM> admittedly, the wifi can be a pain point, but for a home-server
    SM> running Freedombox an ethernet connection is often the better
    SM> choice anyway).

After my experience with Banana Pi R1, I would hesitate to buy Banana Pi
again.  I don’t think I can buy Pine64 in my country.  Olimex can be
found on the local market, even with FreedomBox, cool, although it is
apparently relatively expensive.  So the choice is actually very limited
compared to the ubiquity of Raspberry Pi.