[Freedombox-discuss] [GSoC21] Interest in FreedomBox email project

Steven Chamberlain steven at pyro.eu.org
Sun Apr 11 18:01:37 BST 2021

Hi Fioddor,

I appreciate very much your comments, especially so fast.
I will take these into account in the final proposal.

It is surprising for me, that I was a very big fan of Extreme
Programming (where a "big design up-front" is discouraged) and yet you
are right, my proposal sounds like the classic waterfall model! (Maybe I
am learning bad habits now from the university?).

Actually, I had some reasons to prefer this approach. The project is
quite special in that it involves a lot of systems administration and
not just code, actually I would like to solve it with as little code as
possible.

I will surely explain my choices in more detail in the final proposal,
and find a way to produce some working prototypes earlier on in the
schedule, as you suggest.

Thanks again!

Kind regards,
--