[Freedombox-discuss] Use git instead of Salsa

Joseph Nuthalapati njoseph at riseup.net
Fri Aug 19 07:52:14 BST 2022

Hi Quiliro,

As far as I know, there isn't a way you can view the issues on Salsa
without ever enabling JavaScript.

You can try to use alternative clients like LabCoat (a libre Android
app) or write your own script to fetch issues by calling Salsa's GitLab
API, but you'd need a personal access token. To get a token, you need to
be a registered user. It is currently not even possible to create an
account on Salsa without JavaScript. The Registration page unfortunately
uses Google Recaptcha. 🙁

There is an ATOM feed you can subscribe to using a feed reader, but you
will only know about new issues. I used this years ago. Not sure if this
is still working.
https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/freedombox/-/issues.atom

You can continue reporting issues to this mailing list or against the
package "freedombox" on Debian Bug Tracking System
(https://bugs.debian.org) through email.