[Freedombox-discuss] Plinth setup fails for (currently) unknown reason

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Mon Jan 10 20:30:41 GMT 2022

On 12/28/21 01:23, Dieter wrote:
> Hi Sunil,
>
> i've attached the output of the plinth-run in foreground.
>
> The failing of letsencrypt is expected, as i'm currently using a locally
> generated certificate.
>

> Additional Info regarding the version: I checked the syslog, the errors
> started when 21.15~bpo11+1 was installed in the machine.
>
> Regarding debian-salsa: I guess the account activation mail got lost...

It appears that the directory /usr/share/freedombox/manual is missing on
your installation. This means that freedombox-doc-* packages are
missing. This should normally not happen as freedombox recommends them.

Please run:

# apt -f install
(if that does not fix the problem)
# apt install freedombox-doc-*

I have also submitted a patch to ensure that FreedomBox does not fail
when this error occurs[1]. Thank you for the detailed report on the issue.

Links:

1) https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/freedombox/-/merge_requests/2165

--
Sunil