[Fusioninventory-devel] List of supported platforms for FusionInventory Agent

Walid Nouh walid.nouh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 11:51:02 UTC 2010

Hi Guillaume,
> I just updated a little bit informations for Mandriva.

thanks a lot
> However, the information is not really accurate: there is a package with
> a given version in the contrib/release media, while I continually push
> newer versions to the contrib/backports media.
>
> Also, the 'spring' codename for refering to version distributions sucks:
> 2010.1 is far clearer than 2010 spring.

ok I'm going to change it
> Last point, as I'm in position to continually provide up to date version
> of stables release as official mandriva packages for all archs and for
> all recent versions of the distribution, there isn't much point
> providing 'prebuilt', especially only for a single arch and version.
> This kind of dirty hack won't bring anything else as useless troubles.

The purpose of the prebuilt version is to provied an archive :
1 - to quickly test a version in a non intrusive way (no need to add
anything)
2 - a way for people to test latest patches and validate the changes
3 - to be able to test and run the agent on OSes like HP-UX or AIX on
which it's sometimes not easy to install by hand

Of course, the recommanded way is to install the distro's packages !
Regards,
Walid.