[Fusioninventory-devel] Software name and arch

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Mon Apr 16 07:57:09 UTC 2012

Le 15/04/2012 22:16, Guillaume Rousse a écrit :

>> But until this, please consider reverting to the previous behavior.

> I'd rather avoid reverting to partial and badly-designed behaviour just
> because it's considered useful for some part of the audience (and
> harmful for others). Especially as it is probably as much easy to
> achieve a correct solution within the same time frame.

Ok.

So here is my plan.

Revert this change in the agent, which I still consider as a regression,
and which cause loss of information.

Done :
https://github.com/remicollet/remirepo/commit/0a76528337595eb38d6e92ec3fca6a7d3568fbc4

As soon as the ARCH will be available in the inventory data

=> patch the glpi plugin to do the work (name = name.arch) in all
version <= 0.83 where arch is not managed by GLPI

As soon as GLPI will managed the arch

=> patch the glpi plugin to extract the arch information from the name
when missing (old agent or OCS)

Remi.