[Fusioninventory-devel] Display Server response

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Wed Nov 14 10:15:21 UTC 2012

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 08:59:16AM +0100, Mario Gzuk wrote:
> Hi,
Hi Mario!

> for some time the agent displays the server response messages if I run it
> from the command line. Where this "feature" is gone?
did you try --debug --debug (2 time in a row)

> I want to provide also the API-REST interface to urnaos and now I doesnt
> know in which way (and with which protocoll: xml or json) the agent is talking
> to the server....
> The first step I want to do is to provide the simple cfg:
> http://forge.fusioninventory.org/projects/fusioninventory-agent/wiki/API-REST
> Have I set some thing in the config that the agent has to use this API? How
> you decide how to communicate whith the client?

So far, and this still be the case for 2.3.x serie. The agent use both:

- initial contact: OCS XML
- inventory upload: OCS XML
- Wake on Lan: OCS XML
- Netdiscovery and Netinventory: OCS XML
- ESX Inventory: get the order using JSON and upload the inventory using
  JSON
- Deploy: pure JSON

The transition is planned for the 3.0.x branch. The master branch already
has an experimental JSON support.

We maintain documentation regarding this:
- ESX (in use)
  http://forge.fusioninventory.org/projects/fusioninventory-agent/wiki/API-REST-esx
- Deploy (in use)
  http://forge.fusioninventory.org/projects/fusioninventory-agent/wiki/API-REST-deploy