[Fusioninventory-devel] Fusion Deploy package commands

Kevin Roy kiniou at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 23:19:40 UTC 2013

Hi John,

On 12 August 2013 11:17, <john at webwrite.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> Dear Developers,
> I have posted on the forum 'FusionInventory for Glpi' but have not
> received an answer and I apologise most sincerely if contacting you in this
> way is inappropriate. I have only a few days left to get Fusion Deploy
> working so I would really appreciate some guidance.

You are welcome and thanks to ping us on this list ;) . You really don't
have to apologize.

I'm aware of most Deploy developments from GLPI plugin and
fusioninventory-agent sides but since I'm not a frequent forum user (and I
should change my habits regarding your mail :-) ) you can point me to your
forum post and I'll try to help you with your issue.

> Deploy is working up to the point of downloading the software but will not
> install.
>  I have tried  RUNAS with user being a Domain administrator ($ account)
> but I cannot work out how to add the password. (Install fails as no
> password entered)
>  I have also tried just using setup.exe - this stalls at 'Prepare Success'

Deploy depends on both GLPI plugin configurations and fusioninventory-agent
version, then we'll need some more informations about your setup :
- What version of  fusioninventory-agent and FusionInventory For GLPI are
you using ?
- What software are you trying to install ?
- MSI or EXE ?
- If it's an EXE type, does the software looks like based on NSIS,
INSTALLSHIELD or anything else ?
- What command are you trying to execute as package action ?
- If you have access to the targeted computer, what does return execution
of 'fusioninventory-agent.bat --debug --debug' (as Administrator) ?

> I feel that there must be examples of the correct syntax but days of
> searching the Internet has not produced a result.

Unfortunately and AFAIK, there are no examples of Fusioninventory Deploy
packaging in wiki documentation. I've started some docs about it a while
ago but I didn't publish it since I didn't consider it as complete.

> I have used GLPI for several years in an Inventory role and your plugin to
> Deploy Software will greatly help in my work.
>
> Again my apologies if I have inadvertantly breached any forum rules in
> asking for your help and expertise.

Again, no need to apologize ;) . This list is mostly meant to reach the
concerned developers if you're not able to find answers.

Cheers,
--
Kevin 'kiniou' Roy