[Fusioninventory-user] A proposal for the opposite term to 'Server Mode'.

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 12:26:46 UTC 2012

Le 25/06/2012 14:13, Gonéri Le Bouder a écrit :
> 2012/6/25 Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch at gmail.com>:
>> Le 21/06/2012 21:33, Gonéri Le Bouder a écrit :
>>
>>> 2012/6/21 Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch at gmail.com>:
>
>> Better way of naming binaries:
>> ./fusionventory-agent   => running the agent
>> ./fusionventory-daemon  => running the agent daemon (unix only)
>> ./fusionventory-service => running the agent service (windows only)
>
> If we follow the more or less de factor standard with command name:
>   - fusioninventory-esx
>   - fusioninventory-injector
>   - fusioninventory-netinventory
>   - fusioninventory-netdiscovery
>   - fusioninventory-inventory
>
> We should use fusioninventory-inventory for the local more and remove the
> --local, --stdout, etc parameters from fusioninventory-agent.
Which isn't the current issue. Making the main executable only able to
deal with server targets won't change the fact that you can run it
either as a permanent (indirect execution) or volatile (direct
execution) process.

--
BOFH excuse #343:

The ATM board has run out of 10 pound notes.  We are having a whip round
to refill it, care to contribute ?