[Fusioninventory-user] Deploy feature - doubts

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Thu May 17 11:45:32 UTC 2012

2012/5/16 Mario Jorge de Sousa Freire <mario.freire at camara.gov.br>:
> Hi!
Hi Mario,

> Could you please answer questions below and help me using deploy feature?
Sure :)

> 1) Where, on the server, file is stored?
files/_plugins/fusinvdeploy/files/repository

> 2) Where, on the agent, file is copied?
File are in the var directory

> 2bis) How can I change this?
On Windows, this will required a little change in the code.

> 3) Building a package - What is and how it works section "List of
> checks (before installation)"?
The agent will use these checks to know if the target machine is in a valid
stat.

> 4) Building a package - Actions to achieve - optional?
Well, that probably the mandatory part.

> 5) I always need to compress the file?
You can upload any files. If you know the file is compressed and want it to
be extracted before the command execution, you can just use the “uncompress”
option.

> 6) What is and how it works section "Uninstallation"? Is it optional?
Uninstallation is broken in the current stable release. That's something that
will be fixed in the incoming stable release. You can already try the git
release and report problem.

The feature purpose:
When you associate an order to a machine or a group a machine, you can
select if you want to use the “Install” or the “Uninstall” part for a
given package.

Best regards,
--
     Gonéri Le Bouder