[Fusioninventory-user] RES: Deploy feature - doubts

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Thu May 17 18:02:27 UTC 2012

2012/5/17 Mario Jorge de Sousa Freire <mario.freire at camara.gov.br>:
> Hi, Goneri and others!
>
> 1) File remains in that directory on the server, for undefined time? Is content cryptographed or I am looking to the wrong files?
After the upload, we generate small "filepart" from the original file.
Each "filepart" is a 1MB file compressed with gzip.
That's what we store.
If you want to reduce the size of this repostory, you can use this
script: fusinvdeploy/scripts/cleanup_repository.php
It will remove unused filepart.

> 2) Made two tests: one with in Windows agent, the other with Linux Agent. In both cases, job completed sucessfully, but could not find the file in any directory! In what Windows directory am I supposed to find the files?
In the current directly.

> 3) How can I change the storage directory in the Linux agent?
It depends on the mechanism you decide to use for the installation. If
you use the source distribution,
just do:
perl Makefile.PL LOCALSTATEDIR=/tmp/somewhere
make
make install

> 4) Maybe this is my problem, cause I did not specify anything... What are the common options?
> 5) Is there any way to make a donation to Fusion project, even a very small one?
Not so far. For the moment I would personally suggest you to give
money to a associations
dedicated to Free Software and to fight software patent.

Cheers,
--
     Gonéri Le Bouder