[Fusioninventory-user] Some info on the new windows installer

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Tue Sep 10 15:34:15 UTC 2013

Mandi! Tomás Abad
  In chel di` si favelave...

Sorry for the late answer, but i was on holiday, and only today i was
able to do some tests...

> > 1) AFAI've understood, it is needed to uninstall the old
> >  fusioninventory-agent, eg the newer one does not uninstall the older
> > automagically.
>    No. You don't need uninstall the previous agent. The new installer
> does it for you. For more information about the new installer, please,
> take a look to:
>             https://github.com/tabad/fusioninventory-agent-windows-installer

Sorry, i've missed that docs. Ok, i can confirm, work, there's no need
of uninstallation on XPsp3 x86 and on win7sp1 x64. Good.

> > 2) on XP 32 bit (at least) the installer exit with a high-numbered
> >  error code (not zero, anyway) and trigger an immediate reboot. This is
> > generally bad, i hope an option will be added with the ability to
> > prevent the immediate reboot (so the deploy system can catch the 'reboot
> > needed' event and eventually do the job when it is safe, not in the
> > half of an upgrade).
>    I have installed FusionInventory Agent v2.3.0 with the new
> installer (http://forge.fusioninventory.org/attachments/download/1020/fusioninventory-agent_windows-x86_2.3.0.exe)
> on a Windows XP SP3 (x86) without any other agent previously installed
> and with a previous agent v2.2.7-4 installed and I haven't had any
> problem.
>    Could you repeat your installation and include more information
> about your platform?

I've tried on Win7 64bit and effectively 2.3.0 remove 2.2.7 without a
fuss.

I've retried on XPsp3 x86, and a reboot trigger. I've launched the
installer with:

	"\\media\software\WPKG\fusioninventory-agent_windows-x86_2.3.0.exe" /S /acceptlicense /execmode=Manual /installtype=from-scratch /tag=sv /server="https://helpdesk.sv.lnf.it/plugins/fusioninventory/front/plugin_fusioninventory.communication.php"

as a SYSTEM user.
I've looked at %TEMP%, but there's only a .tmp folder with options.ini
and commandlineparser.log, that seems relative only to command line
parsing.

If needed, i can rerun the command with some 'advanced log options' say
me and i'll give it a try.

  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                    http://www.sv.lnf.it/

	   http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php