[Fusioninventory-user] Deploying software with FusionInventory 9.1 + 1.1 plugin for GLPI

James M. Pulver jmp242 at cornell.edu
Tue Jul 18 17:17:09 UTC 2017

I used to use Fusion Inventory for deploying packages, I think I may
have written some of that guide. However, ever since 0.85 it's gotten so
broken that I ended up moving my software deployment to puppet +
chocolatey for Windows. I think in the latest versions they do support
ad hoc tests, but really, I get the feeling it's not designed to focus
on software deployments, but rather tasks that I never could work out
how to get them to work reliably. I'd be interested to know if you get
it worked out, but I'm pretty happy using a "real package manager" and
puppet for this now.

Do you get any errors reported? Is the agent checking in regularly (I
always set back to 1hr instead of every 24hr)? Have you forced an agent
run on the Windows side?

James Pulver
CLASSE Computer Group
Cornell University