[Fusioninventory-user] Who (fusioninventory or GLPI) decides to which host an inventory entry belongs (and how)?

Frank Thommen f.thommen at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Fri Sep 28 13:47:30 BST 2018

Hi,

when inventorizing computers with `fusioninventory-inventory |
fusioninventory-injector --stdin <URL>` who decides, if an entry is a
new computer or an update for an old one?  GLPI or the fusioninventory
plugin?  And how?  I noticed, that when I change the hostname and
re-inventorize, then a new entry is created in GLPI.  This behaviour is
useless for us (hosts (=pieces of metal) often change their name) and we
would need to change it.  But GLPI has so many knobs to turn, that I am
somehow lost ;-).

Any hint is appreciated.

Cheers
frank