[Neurodebian-users] bug in mipav

marco tettamanti tettamanti.marco at hsr.it
Fri Aug 19 14:26:17 UTC 2011

Dear neurodebian developers,
I am encountering a problem with mipav installed from neurodebian. I have the
same problem on two different architectures:
- a 64bit debian stable Linux bll1 2.6.32-marco #1 SMP Mon Feb 21 16:14:52 CET
2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux
- and a 32bit debian testing Linux bll4 3.0.0-1-686-pae #1 SMP Sun Jul 24
14:27:32 UTC 2011 i686 GNU/Linux

Basically, changes in the Memory Allocation (Maximum Heap Size), even though
they are perfomed as root, do not have any effects. The memory limit displayed
on top right of the menu bar remains around 245 M, independently of the
allocated memory size.

This is a big problem for memory consuming processes that will not be performed
due to insufficient memory allocation. I have not found any workaround to the
problem, which I didn't experience when dowloading the Mipav installer directly
from http://mipav.cit.nih.gov/.

Can you please have a look at this?

Thank you and very best wishes,
Marco

--
Marco Tettamanti, Ph.D.
Nuclear Medicine Department & Division of Neuroscience
Email: tettamanti.marco at hsr.it
Skype: mtettamanti

Dai il tuo 5XMILLE al San Raffaele. Basta una firma.
Se firmi per la ricerca sanitaria del San Raffaele di Milano, firmi per tutti.
C.F. 03 06 42 80 153.
INFO: 5xmille at hsr.it - www.5xmille.org