[Neurodebian-users] [Neurodebian-upstream] Neuroscience software survey: What is popular, what has problems? Immediate results

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Wed May 18 13:51:37 UTC 2011

Indeed the survey could be bigger/broader scope, but then it would make
it harder to attract submissions.  We were trying to pin-point major
players in the field.  Although Fortran-written libraries are still in
use and some people still might develop in it, I do not think it is a
leading language any longer in scientific computing... anyways -- since
concern is raised and table had a missing cell -- it is added now.

And for all those "missing" applications/environments there is
"Other" field, but noone yet entered Fortran there, nor mayavi.

matplotlib is pretty much assumed to be used if you use Python.

MayaVi indeed could have been there... but once again, noone seems to be
feeling strong enough even to add it to Other.

MPI/BLAS -- get even more too technical to dump on the submitters
heads, imho, thus possibly scaring them away.