[Neurodebian-users] PyEPL does not work on Ubuntu Precise

Brian J Mingus brian.mingus at Colorado.EDU
Mon Aug 20 20:17:35 UTC 2012

Hey,

I fixed all of the bugs, as documented there.

If PyEPL was sufficient to run experiments the last time it was actively
developed, why wouldn't it be sufficient to run experiments today?

What benefits does PsychoPy have over PyEPL? I'm not interested in an
e-prime like graphical interface. I would prefer to write Python. Does
PsychoPy have all of the same automatic logging etc. facilities as PyEPL?

Why would you offer PyEPL in your repositories if a) nobody cares enough to
keep it working and b) you believe people shouldn't use it?

- Brian

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Yaroslav Halchenko
<debian at onerussian.com>wrote:

> let me start first by asking  -- are you sure you need to use pyepl...
> and not e.g. psychopy?
>
> pyepl hasn't seen much development for a while and if you are up for new
> tools to try, I would recommend not to touch it.  But if you are
> definite with you answer/requirement -- I guess your problem is
> somewhere with installation of libasound2  which should provide that
> symbol...
>
> On Mon, 20 Aug 2012, Brian J Mingus wrote:
>
> >    See the bug I filed at the PyEPL
> >    project:�[1]
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3559937&group_id=162027&atid=822204
> --
> Yaroslav O. Halchenko
> Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences
> Dartmouth College, 419 Moore Hall, Hinman Box 6207, Hanover, NH 03755
> Phone: +1 (603) 646-9834                       Fax: +1 (603) 646-1419
> WWW:   http://www.linkedin.com/in/yarik

Brian Mingus
Graduate student
Computational Cognitive Neuroscience Lab
University of Colorado at Boulder
http://grey.colorado.edu/mingus
1-720-587-9482