[Neurodebian-users] melodic crashes under open grid engine (updated neurodebian squeeze)

Michael Hanke mih at debian.org
Wed Aug 22 11:54:04 UTC 2012

[resending to the mailing list]

Hi again,

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 10:13:49AM +0200, Michael Hanke wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 10:02:35AM +0200, Diederick Stoffers wrote:
> > In that case it must be due to problems innate to the FSL suite. We
> > think we have tracked down the problem, FSL is setting hard limits to
> > the grid engine queues which are not sufficient for our 7T data. We
> > are testing and will post if this is indeed the case.
>
> Thanks for keeping us posted.

Actually, if you are tired of SGE -- you could give this recipe a try

  http://neuro.debian.net/blog/2012/2012-03-09_parallelize_fsl_with_condor.html

it shouldn't take longer than a minute to setup, it can be done in
parallel to SGE, and you can be sure to get support for the FSL+Condor
tandem from us.

Michael

--
Michael Hanke