[Neurodebian-users] Error when starting NeuroDebian

Danielle Rudder drudder15 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 18:25:11 UTC 2014

Hello,

I originally posted an inquiry in the "comments" section of the NeuroDebian
FAQ, and was advised instead to send my question to the NeuroDebian user
mailing list for a quicker response. Please bear with me as I have ZERO
experience with Linux, VirtualBox, or NeuroDebian. My supervisor at work
instructed me to install VirtualBox and then NeuroDebian on my Windows 7
machine in order to start learning how to analyze fMRI data. So far, the
installation of both programs seems to have gone smoothly, and I was able
to designate a shared folder labeled "host" per the NeuroDebian
installation instructions. Sadly, when I select NeuroDebian and hit Start,
I get the following error message:

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine *NeuroDebian 7.4.20140423
(64bit)*.

The virtual machine *'NeuroDebian 7.4.20140423 (64bit)'* has terminated
unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1.
Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)Component: MachineInterface: IMachine
{480cf695-2d8d-4256-9c7c-cce4184fa048}
I have absolutely no idea what this means or where I've gone wrong. Any and
all advice would be sincerely appreciated. I'm feeling totally lost here....

Thanks so much,
Danielle