[Neurodebian-users] Error when starting NeuroDebian

Michael Hanke michael.hanke at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 07:28:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 8:25 PM, Danielle Rudder <drudder15 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I originally posted an inquiry in the "comments" section of the
> NeuroDebian FAQ, and was advised instead to send my question to the
> NeuroDebian user mailing list for a quicker response. Please bear with me
> as I have ZERO experience with Linux, VirtualBox, or NeuroDebian. My
> supervisor at work instructed me to install VirtualBox and then NeuroDebian
> on my Windows 7 machine in order to start learning how to analyze fMRI
> data. So far, the installation of both programs seems to have gone
> smoothly, and I was able to designate a shared folder labeled "host" per
> the NeuroDebian installation instructions. Sadly, when I select NeuroDebian
> and hit Start, I get the following error message:
>
> Failed to open a session for the virtual machine *NeuroDebian
> 7.4.20140423 (64bit)*.
>
> The virtual machine *'NeuroDebian 7.4.20140423 (64bit)'* has terminated
> unexpectedly during startup with exit code 1.
> Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)Component: MachineInterface: IMachine
> {480cf695-2d8d-4256-9c7c-cce4184fa048}
> I have absolutely no idea what this means or where I've gone wrong. Any
> and all advice would be sincerely appreciated. I'm feeling totally lost
> here....

The first link from googling "E_FAIL (0x80004005)" suggests that you are
not alone and that it is some kind of a Win7 vs Virtualbox issue.

First thing I'd do is the start from scratch. Delete the VM, reimport and
see if that solves it.

Which version of VirtualBox are you using?

Michael

--
Michael Hanke
http://mih.voxindeserto.de