[Neurodebian-users] Displaying amplitude integrated electroencephalography

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Wed Nov 2 13:25:35 UTC 2016

On Tue, 01 Nov 2016, Sebastian Niehaus wrote:

> Hi,

> amplitdude integrated electroencephalography is an quite common
> dignostic method in neonatology. Does anyone have some experience
> using open source tools to viev aEEG Data (sigviewer, edfdisplay ...)

> We just ran into the trap of proprietary file formats reslting in many
> .BRM-Files and a very little supported software even for windows
> systems.

> Before purchasing a new aEEG device I would like to evaluate if there
> are experiences with Open Source tools reading and displaying
> (neonatal) eEEG data.

Hi Sebastian,

Sorry to hear you struggling due to proprietary file formats lock in :-/
Let's see if we could help you to get out of it.
Quick google search gave me no results on .BRM, even biosig has no
mentioning of it: http://pub.ist.ac.at/~schloegl/biosig/TESTED
(CCing Alois who might know more).  What is the manufacturer of the
equipment producing those precious files?  SfN is upcoming, so if they
would be there I could inquire "in person".

But also since question is not NeuroDebian specific, you might
have better chances also by asking at https://neurostars.org/ and