[Neurodebian-users] Trying build mriqc singularity from Docker

Bennet Fauber bennet at umich.edu
Sun Oct 8 15:12:55 UTC 2017

It appears that the 3dSkullStrip binary that is included in the MRIQC
Docker image, which installs afni via ND has a reference to libGL.so.1
that is not a reference to a dynamic library in it.

$ ldd 3dSkullStrip
[ . . . output edited for brevity . . . ]
libGLw.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLw.so.1 (0x00007f92f19e8000)
libGLU.so.1 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGLU.so.1 (0x00007f92f0482000)
libGL.so.1 (0x00007f92f0210000)

That seems, in turn, to force it to look for
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so, but that library is now being
installed, instead, into /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so, and
so it is not being found.

I've been able to get this to work by using

ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mesa/libGL.so.1.2.0 \
   /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so.1

but I wonder whether this is indicative of a change needed in the AFNI
build so that instead of a location reference for that library, it has
a call to the loader (I think I got the jargon right)?

Thanks,  -- bennet