[Nut-upsdev] CyberPower SL-series

David H Kaufman kaufman at kaufmanfamily.net
Mon Oct 3 17:54:14 UTC 2005

This code, added to drivers/genericups.h, supports the CyberPower SL
series UPSes. I've tested with my 725SL - the online/on battery
transition, and low battery status, and finally the shutdown signal all
work as expected.

*** genericups.h.orig   Sun Nov  2 16:54:24 2003
--- genericups.h        Mon Oct  3 13:49:00 2005
***************
*** 220,225 ****
--- 220,234 ----
          TIOCM_ST                      /* shutdown: ST (break)         */
        },

+       { "CyberPower",
+         "SL series",
+         "CyberPower SL",
+         TIOCM_RTS,                    /* cable power: RTS             */
+         TIOCM_CTS, TIOCM_CTS,         /* online: CTS on               */
+         TIOCM_CAR, 0,                 /* low battery: CD (aka CAR) off
     */
+         TIOCM_DTR                     /* shutdown: DTR                */
+       },
+
        /* add any new entries directly above this line */

        { NULL,

As a side note, I originally tried to implement support in upsd.conf (as
below). This didn't work at all, the UPS was flagged as being On Battery
when it was plugged in, and NUT didn't notice when I unplugged the UPS.

        driver=genericups
        upstype=7
        mfr=CyberPower
        model=725SL
        CP=RTS
        OL=CTS
        LB=-DTD
        SD=-DTR

FWIW, my modifications are based on NUT 2.0.0 running on Gentoo Linux.

Thanks,
David Kaufman
kaufman at kaufmanfamily.net