[Nut-upsdev] recent and planned changes

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 12:23:34 UTC 2005

On 9/16/05, Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
>  - an interesting notion that was introduced by Dave Brownell (linux USB
> hacker) is the "physical path" (stable ids, which don't change unless usb
> topology morphs). For more info, search for HIDIOCGPHYS in hidups.
>  I find this interesting, but I'm not sure it has been ported...

I looked at this for tripplite_usb. Basically, HIDIOCGPHYS would
require us to open the /dev/hiddev node as well as whatever
/proc/bus/usb/ node that libusb opens. I don't think there's an
equivalent for generic usbdevfs access.

Since we're using libusb, it is a problem best solved in libusb (but I
have a feeling it's going to be another "_np" (non-portable)
function).

--
- Charles Lepple