[Nut-upsdev] bcmxcp: stop whining (and log spamming)

Henning Brauer hb-nut at bsws.de
Wed Aug 23 18:48:42 UTC 2006

* Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca> [2006-08-23 16:21]:
> did you know that your system log is configurable? See the man pages
> for sysklogd(8) and syslog.conf(5).

I really don't need to be taught about syslogd
(keeping the fact that I have no such thing as a sysklogd, whatever
that is supposed to be)
logging failed connection attempts even is an almost perfect DoS.

> Communications failures due to faulty hardware (such as you seem to
> have) are appropriate to be logged at the "warning" level. If you
> don't like to see these messages in your system log, configure your
> syslog to log only "error" and higher.

nah, this is not faulty hardware, these are the driver bugs. I have
more than one unit.

Henning Brauer, hb at bsws.de, henning at openbsd.org
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de
OpenBSD-based Webhosting, Mail Services, Managed Servers, ...