[Nut-upsdev] APC Smart-UPS 1000 RM USB problems with newhidups

Justin Maggard jmaggard10 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 16 19:13:33 UTC 2006

Thanks Charles, I didn't know that all new code was going into SVN first.
I'll be sure to download all new code from SVN from now on.

Well, I do know that it's not limited to just FC4.  I'm sure if you want to
run a Knoppix LiveCD some similar, you will run into the same issue.  I've
seen problems on both FC4 and Debian stock kernels, as well as custom 2.4.20
and 2.4.31 kernels.  Keep in mind though, that most APC units have worked
fine for me.  I've had success with lots of models, including APC BackUPS ES
350, 500, and 725 (the 725 required a patch to handle the incorrect report
descriptor size information), LS 700, XS 1000, and SmartUPS 750.  The
SmartUPS 1000 RM seems to be the only one I'm having problems with, and
someone within the company in Europe is having a problem with a CyberFort
350.