Fwd: [Nut-upsdev] Fun with TrippLite

Brandon Siegel bsiegel at fastmail.fm
Mon May 8 02:20:02 UTC 2006

Ah, quite right. Things seem to work nicely (I can run newhidups,
upsdrvctl, and upsd) as long as I include the "-u root" flag. It's
strange because I have to do that even when I am running them from a
root prompt. Anyhow, the output from upsc looks good - I've pasted it
below in case you're interested. Again, thanks for getting this working!

battery.charge: 100
battery.type: PbAc
battery.voltage.nominal: 12.0
driver.name: newhidups
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.version: 2.1.0
driver.version.data: TrippLite HID 0.1 (experimental)
driver.version.internal: 0.28
input.voltage.nominal: 120
output.voltage.nominal: 120.0
UPS.BatterySystem.Battery.PresentStatus.Charging: 1
UPS.BatterySystem.Battery.PresentStatus.Discharging: 0
UPS.BatterySystem.Battery.PresentStatus.NeedReplacement: 0
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 65535
UPS.ffff0010.00ff0001.ffff007d: 8197
UPS.ffff0015.00ff0001.ffff00c0: 255
UPS.ffff0015.00ff0001.ffff00c1: 255
UPS.ffff0015.00ff0001.ffff00c2: 255
UPS.ffff0015.00ff0001.ffff00c3: 255
UPS.ffff0015.00ff0001.ffff00c4: 154
UPS.ffff0015.00ff0001.ffff00c5: 3
UPS.ffff0015.00ff0001.ffff00d2: 255
UPS.Flow.ConfigFrequency: 60
UPS.Flow.ConfigVoltage: 120
ups.mfr: Tripp Lite
ups.model: TRIPP LITE UPS
UPS.OutletSystem.Outlet.DelayBeforeShutdown: 65535
UPS.OutletSystem.Outlet.ffff0091: 0
UPS.OutletSystem.Outlet.ffff0092: 0
UPS.OutletSystem.Outlet.ffff00c7: 1
ups.power.nominal: (null)
UPS.PowerSummary.CapacityMode: 2
UPS.PowerSummary.FullChargeCapacity: 100
UPS.PowerSummary.iManufacturer: Tripp Lite
UPS.PowerSummary.iProduct: TRIPP LITE UPS
UPS.PowerSummary.iSerialNumber: 692195 A
ups.serial: 692195 A
ups.status: OL CHRG
ups.test.result: Done and passed