[Nut-upsdev] minor building issues (svn HEAD revision 427)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat May 20 14:10:33 UTC 2006

On 5/19/06, Mike Patterson <mpatters at cs.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> Charles Lepple wrote on 5/19/06 12:26 PM:
> > On 5/19/06, Mike Patterson <mpatters at cs.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> >> ld: fatal: symbol `setenv' is multiply-defined:
> >>         (file ../common/setenv.o type=FUNC; file
> >> /software/netsnmp-5.3/lib/libnetsnmp.a(system.o) type=FUNC);
> >> ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to snmp-ups
> >
> > Can you check and see if your version of netsnmp documents their setenv
> > call?
>
> Hm.  If it does, we don't appear to have the manpage that mentions it,
> which is odd - our maintainer says she got the source from
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/net-snmp/, and I'd thought that was a
> fairly mature package.

They may be defining setenv for the same reason NUT is - to add a
function that the OS left out - and so it isn't really part of the
package proper.

I will look at the autoconf stuff later to see if there is an easy way
to try and use netsnmp's setenv call (since it looks like the standard
one, from a quick glance at snmplib/system.c).

> Any thoughts on the problem with make depend that I ran into?  It just
> sounds like something missing in a Makefile.in somewhere maybe?

Peter Selinger did some work with 'make depend', so I will defer to him on that.

--
- Charles Lepple