[Nut-upsdev] NUT and Automake

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 20:01:30 UTC 2006

On 10/17/06, Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca> wrote:
> Charles Lepple wrote:
> > Peter: do you know the minimum required versions of autoconf and
> > automake for your changes?
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have that information (finding out would
> require installing older versions and trying them). I am using
> autoconf 2.59 and automake 1.9.6, which are more or less the most
> current versions (I think?).

I wasn't trying to make more work for you, honest. I think Debian has
automake back to 1.4, and the reason I mention it is that older
versions often get set as default. I don't think it's unreasonable to
say that we "require" autoconf 2.59+ and automake 1.9+ even if it
might work with automake 1.9.

> The good news is that automake/autoconf only need to be run by
>
> * maintainers,
> * people who want to build from SVN

Understood. And if we use "make distcheck" to roll SVN snapshots, then
the snapshot users don't need autoconf/make, either. I'll see what I
can do about automating that.

--
- Charles Lepple