[Nut-upsdev] Driver for Cyberpower PR2200

Russ Romano russ at cb-1.com
Wed Apr 25 14:22:56 UTC 2007

Arjen/Doug,

Thanks for the help on this!  I have Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX all
running on site... So I can run just about anything necessary to get the
data we need!

I will move the computers to line power and debug the UPS stuff with a
lamp as the load from now on!! :)  I really should have known better
than to tinker with UPS drivers with the machines on the UPS (no less 4
machines on the UPS!)

I will use portmon and the cyberpower windows software and capture the
first few seconds of output from portmon.  I'll also note all the
reported data from the cyberpower software so we have a reference for
how that batch of data was interpreted.

Thanks!

-Russ

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/portmon.mspx

Please fire this up *before* starting the monitoring program and post
the first couple of seconds worth of output. We'll probably be able to
decode the protocol from that.

Best regards, Arjen

PS  Note that the 'powerpanel' driver is for the text mode CyberPower
devices, while the 'cyberpower' driver is for the binary version of this
protocol.
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands