[Nut-upsdev] success report with megatec and Belkin F6H650UkUNV (was: Success report with network UPS tools)

Arnaud QUETTE Arnaud.QUETTE at mgeups.com
Fri Apr 27 08:18:47 UTC 2007

Hi Andy,

I've forwarded your info to the development list, and Carlos Rodrigues
(the
megatec driver author and maintainer.

As a side note, there is a megatec_usb driver underway. You might
want to give it a try.

@Carlos: I let you update the drivers.list.

Thanks for your report,
Arnaud Quette

Andy Juniper <ajuniper at freeuk.com>
04/25/07 10:58 PM

arnaud.quette at mgeups.com
cc

Objet
Success report with network UPS tools

Hi,

I have just successfully installed NUT 2.0.5 to manage my UPS.

My UPS model is a Belkin F6H650UkUNV which can connect via serial or USB
- I'm using serial, along with the megatec driver and it is basically
working fine.

The only slight quirk was the during the deep battery test, the machine
was shut down by upsmon before the deep discharge test completed,
although I cannot really complain since that was just over an hour on
batteries!  The output below was taken whilst the UPS was still
recovering.

[root at root ups]# bin/upsc belkinups at localhost
battery.charge: 65.0
battery.voltage: 12.30
battery.voltage.nominal: 12.0
driver.name: megatec
driver.parameter.port: /dev/ttyS0
driver.version: 2.0.5
driver.version.internal: 1.5
input.frequency: 50.0
input.voltage: 241.0
input.voltage.fault: 241.0
input.voltage.maximum: 243.0
input.voltage.minimum: 234.0
output.voltage: 241.0
output.voltage.nominal: 230.0
ups.beeper.status: disabled
ups.delay.shutdown: 60
ups.delay.start: 2
ups.load: 8.0
ups.mfr: BELKIN
ups.model: Master 1.00
ups.serial: unknown
ups.status: OL
ups.temperature: 32.0
[root at root ups]#

If there is any more info you'd like then please let me know.

Andy Juniper