[Nut-upsdev] Driver for Cyberpower PR2200

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Apr 30 08:20:35 UTC 2007

> Unfortunately, I have no knobs left to turn in the powerpanel software.

Which one are you using? According to the CyberPower website, the UPS can
be controlled through the PowerPanel Plus software. According to the
manual of the software, it can schedule power on/off as well. Power off is
probably done by the PowerPanel Plus software, but power on needs to be
done by the UPS itself.

Furthermore, it looks like, the UPS also has a self-test mode (in the
SETUP window). Could you try that one?

[...]

> Can you think of any other scenario that you might like me to try?

See the above. Something else which might be useful, is to see how it's
brothers and sisters (the PR1500 and PR3000) behave. But if you don't have
these, we'll have to do without. So far, I think we have enough
information to build a useable driver. The essential functions of OL, OB
and LB are available, the rest is just bells-and-whistles.

I think I will integrate it from the start in the powerpanel driver. Since
the Windows software is apparently identical for several flavors of the
cyberpower protocol, I think the NUT driver should follow the same track
and not have different drivers. It looks like we can autodetect the
different ones. From the logs you sent, the powerpanel software sends a
couple of '\r' characters which are unanswered. Apparently another version
does reply to this. I'll rewrite part of the detection stuff in the
powerpanel driver to allow it to try different communication settings.

I'll let you know when I have something available to test.