[Nut-upsdev] CyberPower 1500AVR UPS configuration

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Aug 6 05:34:03 UTC 2007

John Johansen wrote:

> I have used Nut for a long time. I just set up 6 new
> servers and ran into a problem I've never seen before.
> The cyberpower driver was not recognizing the model
> number for my rack mounted CyberPower CPS-1500AVR
> units, and then losing communications with the device.
>
> I fixed the problem by changing the driver in
> /etc/sysconfig/ups from cyberpower to upsdrvctl (as
> though I was going to use multiple ups drivers), but
> leaving the /etc/ups/ups.conf driver as cyberpower.

This is the way how you should setup your configuration anyway. From the
description, I assume you're using an old package for RedHat. Using
'upsdrvctl' has been the preferred way of starting drivers for a long
time already. Since nut-2.2.0 we *require* that a UPS is configured in
'ups.conf', so there is really nothing to fix.