[Nut-upsdev] [Nut-upsuser] Powerware 9155 with SNMP card

Bernd Markgraf Bernd.Markgraf at med.ovgu.de
Fri Aug 10 11:38:45 UTC 2007

[snip talking about input.L[123].realpower ]
> My bad. The UPS probably doesn't support these variables.
ok, PW_OID_INPUT_POWER comes from xupsInputWatts inside XUPS.mib
input.L[123].realpower query those values appending .1-.3 which should
be fine and supported if I understand the mib right. The same works for
input.L[1-3].voltage and input.L[1-3].current

> > Agreed. But I would suggest to add PCAP, PRED or anything along those
> > lines to the OL so one knows that we are running in parallel mode.
> Euhm, no. That's not what 'ups.status' is for.
I am willing to learn :-)

> > I don't know whether this status changes if the other UPS goes down for
> > some reason. So it would be handy if on could differentiate those.
> I prefer to put this in 'ups.type' which is an opaque string that can be
> filled with just about anything. Adding the following might work, provided
> that the UPS is running online when the driver is started.
>
> info_lkp_t pw_mode_info[] = {
> 	{ 1, ""  },
> 	{ 2, ""  },
> 	{ 3, "normal" },
> 	{ 4, "" },
> 	{ 5, "" },
> 	{ 6, "" },
> 	{ 7, "" },
> 	{ 8, "parallel capacity" },
> 	{ 9, "parallel redundancy" },
> 	{10, "high efficiency" },
> 	{ 0, "NULL" }
> };
>
> { "ups.type", ST_FLAG_STRING, SU_INFOSIZE, PW_OID_POWER_STATUS, "",
>  SU_FLAG_STATIC | SU_FLAG_OK, &pw_mode_info[0] },
this looks good... reports it being OL and in parallel redundanca mode.

> Beware, I'm just typing along, so be prepared. I don't have an SNMP
> capable UPS either (Arnaud? :-) ), so I'm not too familiar with this
> particular driver. From a quick glance at this driver, it looks that
> multiple "ups.status" entries in the manufacturer specific MIB may lead to
> the driver overwriting status bits (each one is parsed immediately, so for
> each update the previous state is cleared).
i know this is experimental software :-)

 Bernd