[Nut-upsdev] Accessing nut online

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Fri May 11 23:52:42 UTC 2007

Barb Smith wrote:

> Hi,
>
> These are the instructions I have about accessing nut online.
>
> By using the cgi use flag you have the files to use on the webserver.
> >
> > If you look in /usr/html after emerge you find the html files.
> > Copy this files to /var/www/localhost/htdocs/nut
> > (if you want it as www.my.org/nut )
> >

> > In /usr/share/nut you find the cgi files. Copy this files to
> > /var/www/localhost/cgi-bin/nut
> >
> > In that directory create the .htaccess file
> >
> > <Files upsset.cgi>
> > deny from all
> > allow from 127.0.0.1
> > </Files>
> >
> > Now you need this files.
> >
> > --------------------------
> > /etc/nut/hosts.conf
> >
> > MONITOR belkin at localhost "Local UPS"
> >
> > ---------------------------
> > /etc/nut/upsset.conf
> >
> > Read the content of this file and secure your cgi directory
> > the uncomment the line.
> > (If you have done the .htaccess in the cgi-bin it is secure)
> >
> > I_HAVE_SECURED_MY_CGI_DIRECTORY
> > -------------------------------------
> >
> > You also need the 'upsstats-single.html and upsstats.html'
> > in the /etc/nut directory. This is template files for the
> > cgi.
> >
> > Now you can check status and info from the webb.
> >
> I remerged nut with a use flag of cgi.  I have no cgi files in
> /usr/share/nut.

These files should be in EPREFIX/cgi-bin, where EPREFIX is the
location specified with ./configure --prefix (be default
/usr/local/ups, or see ./configure --help to see the default).

> /var/www/localhost/htdocs is not a directory but just a
> file called nut.

This depends on how your webserver is configured. Replace this
directory with whereever your webserver looks for HTML files.

> I have no nut directory under cgi-bin.

Then create one with the "mkdir" command.