[Nut-upsdev] tripp lite smart2200RMXL2U error reading protocol

Lance Thomas Lance.Thomas at fammed.wisc.edu
Fri May 11 16:08:54 UTC 2007

I'm working on a gentoo server with Nut 2.0.5-r1 and libusb-0.1.12.
I originally tried the hidups driver which seemed to work, but produced
a large amount of unhandled events.  Then I tried the newhidups which
told me my ups wasn't supported.  When I try using

tripplite_usb -u root -DDDD /proc/bus/usb/002/002

I get that there isn't a match.  But when I try using

tripplite_usb -DDDD -a tripplite1

with the following ups.conf:
[tripplite1]
        driver = tripplite_usb
        port = /proc/bus/usb/002/002
        productid = 3012
        bus = 002
        desc = "top ups"

I get it to run and find the HID, but it returns the following errors
before quitting:
Detected a UPS: Tripp Lite /TRIPP LITE SMART2200RMXL2U
send_cmd(msg_len=3, type='W')
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 4 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 4 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 4 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 4 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 4 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 4 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 4 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 4 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 4 instead of 8
send_cmd: send_try = 3, recv_try = 3

Could not reset watchdog. Please send model information to nut-upsdev
mailing list
send_cmd(msg_len=2, type='
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 4 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 4 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 4 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 4 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 4 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 4 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 4 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 4 instead of 8
libusb_get_interrupt() returned 4 instead of 8
send_cmd: send_try = 3, recv_try = 3

Error reading protocol

Any suggestions?

This email and any attachments may contain confidential information and is
solely for the intended recipient(s).  Email communications are not considered
secure.  If you are not the intended recipient(s) of this email you are expected
to disregard the content, delete the message and notify the original sender.

--University of Wisconsin, Department of Family Medicine--