[Nut-upsdev] tripp lite smart2200RMXL2U error reading protocol

Lance Thomas Lance.Thomas at fammed.wisc.edu
Mon May 14 17:18:29 UTC 2007

I tried the new usbhid-ups from the rev 900 of the svn and after
creating a few links to make it work in the gentoo framework I am
connected and receiving data from the tripp lite ups.  I will be
checking to make sure the data is correct, but here is what I received
from upsc tripplite at localhost

battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 10
battery.charge.warning: 30
battery.temperature: 33
battery.type: PbAC
battery.voltage: 5.4
battery.voltage.nominal: 48.0
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.parameter.productid: 3012
driver.version: 2.1.0
driver.version.data: TrippLite HID 0.1 (experimental)
driver.version.internal: 0.30
input.frequency: 59.9
input.transfer.high: 145.0
input.transfer.low: 83.0
input.voltage: 125.1
input.voltage.nominal: 120
output.frequency: 59.9
output.frequency.nominal: 60
output.voltage: 124.5
output.voltage.nominal: 120
ups.beeper.status: enabled
ups.delay.reboot: -1
ups.delay.restart: -1
ups.delay.shutdown: -1
ups.load: 43
ups.mfr: Tripp Lite
ups.model: TRIPP LITE SMART2200RMXL2U
ups.power.nominal: 2200
ups.productid: 3012
ups.serial: 9550ALCSM538900110
ups.status: OL
ups.test.result: 0
ups.vendorid: 09ae

Thanks for all the help.

>>> Peter Selinger  05/14/07 11:16 AM >>>
OK, that is very similar to the other Tripplite-HID devices; the
functionality of this device seems to be almost a superset of the
OMNI1000LCD and of the SmartOnlineSU1500RTXL2ua.

It should work without problems with the newhidups driver, if you just
add the 0x3012 to the source code where Charles suggested.

I have just done this in the latest SVN version (revision 901).
Note that in SVN, the driver has been renamed to usbhid-ups from
newhidups.

-- Peter

This email and any attachments may contain confidential information and is
solely for the intended recipient(s).  Email communications are not considered
secure.  If you are not the intended recipient(s) of this email you are expected
to disregard the content, delete the message and notify the original sender.

--University of Wisconsin, Department of Family Medicine--