[Nut-upsdev] Krauler UP-D1200VA

Carlos Rodrigues carlos.efr at mail.telepac.pt
Sun Sep 30 15:15:47 UTC 2007

On 9/30/07, Vamp <admin at vampik.ru> wrote:
> I doubt that the original Megatec software uses vendor/model information
> because I have 2 Upsilon2000 versions: 3.22 (March 2004) and 3.30 (2005)
> while Krauler D-series UPSes was announced in May 2006. Both Upsilon2000
> versions indicate the same charge percentage.
>
> But I believe that the correct range for 23.5V UPSes should be 19.6-26.7
> because it matches both the Upsilon2000 indication and real UPS status.

I'll think about changing it (never after 2.2.1 gets released), but I
don't have enough information about this now so, by default, I'll keep
the values as they are right now. If any people reading this (with
some understanding of the electrical engineering side) cares to
provide input...

Just FYI, my own UPS (12V) shows 88% when fully charged (the values in
megatec.c were obtained from a Mustek Powermust 600, and I currently
own a Powerwalker VI 600).

> > BTW, the unused "low battery" value is there just in case it proves
> > useful in the future, to make changes to the way the percentage is
> > calculated. It's better to ask for this information  now, than not
> > having it later.
>
> But there is the low battery flag. And Upsilon2000 calculates percentage in
> the same way.
> Anyway, I confirm that the low battery voltage is 22.2 (actually "low
> battery" beep appears at 22.3-22.2 and low battery flag appears at
> 22.2-22.1).

The low battery flag is triggered by the UPS itself, and each model
can choose their own voltage level for low battery. The "low battery"
value is there just because it may be useful to provide some way to
predict the battery runtime in the future (although I currently don't
believe this can be done).

--
Carlos Rodrigues