[Nut-upsdev] Krauler UP-D1200VA

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Sun Sep 30 17:40:13 UTC 2007

> The low battery flag is triggered by the UPS itself, and each model
> can choose their own voltage level for low battery. The "low battery"
> value is there just because it may be useful to provide some way to
> predict the battery runtime in the future (although I currently don't
> believe this can be done).

You can't predict the battery charge under load by looking at the voltage
alone, so it is impossible to determine runtime either. In order to get a
reasonable estimate you would need the discharge rate as well (which is
currently not available). As long as this is not included in the
calculations, it's a waste of effort to try to calculate either of these.

Eindhoven - The Netherlands