[Nut-upsdev] Sweex 1000VA UPS (Lakeview Research)

Tom Cassimon tom at cassimon.mine.nu
Sun Dec 7 12:29:47 UTC 2008

Hi,

i've tried the SVN version of nut with the driver richcomm_usb, as you
suggested. When i do a:

	./richcomm_usb -a UPS -DDDDD -u root

I get the following output:

	Network UPS Tools - Richcomm compatible USB UPS driver 0.01
(2.3.0-1603)

	Warning: This is an experimental driver.
	Some features may not function correctly.

	debug level is '5'
	Checking device (0000/0000) (002/001)
	- VendorID: 0000
	- ProductID: 0000
	- Manufacturer: Linux 2.6.24.5-smp ehci_hcd
	- Product: EHCI Host Controller
	- Serial Number: 0000:00:1d.7
	- Bus: 002
	Trying to match device
	Device does not match - skipping
	Checking device (0925/1234) (007/002)
	- VendorID: 0925
	- ProductID: 1234
	- Manufacturer: ?
	- Product: UPS USB MON V1.4
	- Serial Number: unknown
	- Bus: 007
	Trying to match device
	Device matches
	send: (4 bytes) => 01 00 00 30
	read: Resource temporarily unavailable
	do_command: Resource temporarily unavailable
	send_to_all: SETINFO ups.mfr "?"
	send_to_all: SETINFO ups.model "UPS USB MON V1.4"
	send_to_all: SETINFO ups.serial "[unknown]"
	send_to_all: SETINFO ups.vendorid "0925"
	send_to_all: SETINFO ups.productid "1234"
	send: (4 bytes) => 01 00 00 30
	read: Resource temporarily unavailable
	do_command: Resource temporarily unavailable
	Communications with UPS lost: status read failed!
	dstate_init: sock /var/state/ups/richcomm_usb-UPS open on fd 5
	send_to_all: SETINFO driver.version "2.3.0-1603"
	send_to_all: SETINFO driver.name "richcomm_usb"
	send_to_all: SETINFO driver.parameter.pollinterval "2"
	send: (4 bytes) => 01 00 00 30
	read: Resource temporarily unavailable
	do_command: Resource temporarily unavailable
	Communications with UPS lost: status read failed!
	send: (4 bytes) => 01 00 00 30
	read: Resource temporarily unavailable
	do_command: Resource temporarily unavailable
	Communications with UPS lost: status read failed!
	send: (4 bytes) => 01 00 00 30
	read: Resource temporarily unavailable
	do_command: Resource temporarily unavailable
	send: (4 bytes) => 01 00 00 30
	read: Resource temporarily unavailable
	do_command: Resource temporarily unavailable

I use the -u root option because the udev system doesn't seem to change the
permissions of the device. I've added as the documentation states the
following file in /etc/udev/rules.d/

File: 52-nut-usbups.rules

Content:

	This file is generated and installed by the Network UPS Tools
package.

	ACTION!="add", GOTO="nut-usbups_rules_end"
	SUBSYSTEM=="usb_device", GOTO="nut-usbups_rules_real"
	SUBSYSTEM=="usb", GOTO="nut-usbups_rules_real"
	BUS!="usb", GOTO="nut-usbups_rules_end"

	LABEL="nut-usbups_rules_real"

	#  SWEEX
	SYSFS{idVendor}=="0925", SYSFS{idProduct}=="1234", MODE="664",
GROUP="ups"

	LABEL="nut-usbups_rules_end"

But with the -u root option it should be able to connect to the UPS without
the mode and Group change to the device.

A ls -ll /dev/ | grep usb gives the following output:

	crw-rw---- 1 root root  189,   0 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev1.1
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  250,   0 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev1.1_ep00
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  250,   1 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev1.1_ep81
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  189, 128 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev2.1
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  250,   2 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev2.1_ep00
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  250,   3 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev2.1_ep81
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  189, 256 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev3.1
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  250,   4 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev3.1_ep00
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  250,   5 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev3.1_ep81
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  189, 384 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev4.1
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  250,   6 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev4.1_ep00
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  250,   7 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev4.1_ep81
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  189, 512 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev5.1
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  250,   8 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev5.1_ep00
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  250,   9 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev5.1_ep81
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  189, 640 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev6.1
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  250,  10 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev6.1_ep00
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  250,  11 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev6.1_ep81
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  189, 768 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev7.1
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  250,  12 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev7.1_ep00
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  250,  13 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev7.1_ep81
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  189, 769 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev7.2
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  250,  14 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev7.2_ep00
	crw-rw---- 1 root root  250,  15 2008-12-07 13:46 usbdev7.2_ep81

lsusb gives the following output:

	Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
	Bus 007 Device 002: ID 0925:1234 Lakeview Research
	Bus 007 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
	Bus 006 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
	Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
	Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
	Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
	Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

My ups.conf has the following content:

	[UPS]
		driver = richcomm_usb
		port = auto

Any ideas why this driver still doesn't work?

It seems to me it is the correct driver because the vendor ID & device ID
match the ones defined in the driver.

Regards,

Tom