[Nut-upsdev] RPM .spec files in NUT source tree

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Dec 15 15:20:25 UTC 2008

Citeren Stanislav Brabec <sbrabec at suse.cz>:

>> On the other hand, I'm hearing a number of "don't do that" replies, so
>> instead, what should we put into the SUSE-specific portion of our
>> documentation to point people to your SRPMS (as Arjen suggested in
>> another reply)?
> I agree with that "don't do that" as well. It should be a task for
> package maintainers. As NUT is widely accepted by distributors, you will
> not lose you users.

So basically, we could just remove whatever we have in packaging. I
could live with that.

I'm not too much in favor of directing people to SRPM/websites in the
sources. This is something that is much too volatile so I think we'd
better keep this on the website (and make sure we update them
regularly). What we distribute should be static and preferably depend
as little on stuff not directly under the control of the developers.

Please keep list traffic on the list