[Nut-upsdev] Powerware UPS slots ports and protocols information

Arnaud Quette ArnaudQuette at Eaton.com
Mon Jul 7 13:16:36 UTC 2008

Hi Kjell,

Le vendredi 04 juillet 2008 à 18:27 +0200, Kjell Claesson a écrit :
> Den Friday 04 July 2008 14.22.18 skrev Arnaud Quette:
> > Here are some Powerware compatibility info I got by a colleague, and
> > authorized to publish.
> >
> > @Kjell: can you take over checking our driver.list and other info
> source
> > to see if there's a gap?
>
> Hi Arnaud,
>
> The list seems OK. even got the newer 9125 usb model in our list.

ok, thanks for checking this.

> The problem is that the driver have to be tested on more ups'es,
> and fixed so the loadsegments is handled right.
>
> Then get some more info out of the ups.
>
> Then we need to parse the config register to make things settable in
> the ups.
>
> I know of a problem if it is connected to a 3-phase ups. The load
> calculation
> is not right. This may happen on other ups'es also that use this type
> of
> calculation.
>
> I have all the info I need, but i lack the hardware to test it on.

yep, I know. That's still part of the planned actions.
But the current scope is still limited to MGE Office Protection Systems.
The other Eaton owned companies (Powerware and PhoenixTec) are still
part of the discussion we're holding. But it's longer and heavier that
estimated.

So I still can't make any promise, nor take decision on this :-(

Do you have a list of interesting / needed hardware?

ATM, I have a 5115 and a 9120+ConnectUPS Web/SNMP card underhand if
needed...

While waiting for better news, thanks,
Linux/Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - www.mgeops.com