[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1376 - in trunk: . server

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Sun Mar 23 21:25:38 UTC 2008

Arjen de Korte wrote:

>> btw, I'm finalizing the very last changes for 2.2.2-pre1 (--with-lib
>> becoming --with-dev + NEWS and UPGRADING completion). Do you hold some
>> more on netxml and Bruce related subjects?
>
> Yes, there are:
>
> - drivers/usbhid-ups:

Done.

> - clients/upsclient.c:

Done.

> - drivers/dstate.c:
> Basically the same is true here. We don't handle situations like the above
> gracefully when sending something to the server. On a highly loaded server
> when the IPC pipe is getting full, the write() command that sends data to
> the server fails eventually. Again, a select() on sending data to the
> server with a timeout value of 5 seconds might solve that (by preventing
> the the driver from sending more data when the pipe is already full).

I need to rethink this. Since we're dealing with an IPC pipe, what
select() is reporting is the state of the read buffer on the other end.
Since we're using select() there too, there will be none most of the
time, so what I initially intended to do won't work. So this one will
have to wait until I have found a solution to this (only important when
you have a *very* high load on your server).

So basically, I have committed all I wanted for nut-2.2.2.