[Nut-upsdev] REGRESSION: New "megatec" driver does't work for UPS that was managed by old fentonups driver

Michel Bouissou michel-nut at bouissou.net
Fri May 23 15:40:06 UTC 2008

Hello,

Carlos Rodrigues a écrit :

> I can add a "battvoltslow" parameter, to trigger a low battery
> condition on a specific voltage value.

This would be great !

> I can also change the megatec driver to send an "I" before the
> detection sequence (if the driver in > the trunk/2.2.2
> happens to not work).

I still was unable to build a Debian package for 2.2.2, the symptoms are
the following :
- During "debuild -i -us -uc -b" the system complains that the directory
where it tries to move some files :
debian/nut/usr/share/doc/nut/examples is missing
- Creating this dir manually and restarting the process ends without
error and produces Debian packages... That don't include the executable
nut programs !

Anyway as the compilation step itself  succeeded, it did produce a
nut-2.2.2 Megatec driver that I can manually run and... that can't see
my UPS either :

nut-2.2.2/debian/nut/lib/nut# ./megatec -DDD -a Alpha
Network UPS Tools 2.2.2 - Megatec protocol driver 1.5.14 [megatec]
Carlos Rodrigues (c) 2003-2008

debug level is '3'
Starting UPS detection process...
Asking for UPS status [Q1]...
Q1 => FAILED [timeout]
Asking for UPS status [Q1]...
Q1 => FAILED [timeout]
Asking for UPS status [Q1]...
Q1 => FAILED [timeout]
Asking for UPS status [Q1]...
Q1 => FAILED [timeout]
Asking for UPS status [Q1]...
Q1 => FAILED [timeout]
5 out of 5 detection attempts failed (minimum failures: 2).
Megatec protocol UPS not detected.

I'll try to take a look in the source code when I get some time (hardly
this week-end...)

Best regards.