[Nut-upsdev] Bestfortress driver

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 14:06:18 UTC 2009

On Aug 15, 2009, at 12:30 AM, Stuart D Gathman wrote:

> Charles Lepple wrote:
>> On Aug 14, 2009, at 3:13 PM, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
>>
>>> Best fortress support was understandably dropped, but we still use
>>> them,
>>> and someone else may want the driver I ported to nut-2.0.
>> Thanks for re-submitting the bestfortress driver. What specific
>> version of NUT were you using to test this?
> nut-2.0.3 and nut-2.0.5

OK, thanks.

>> If it is 2.0.5, have you had a chance to look at any of the later
>> versions of NUT? I don't think there are any show-stoppers, but I
>> will try to look over the code this weekend.
> I have not (since 2.0.x has been working well for us), but if there
> is interest, I'll give it try.

We can mark the driver as "experimental" and in the man page, we can
document that the driver has been in production, but based on an older
version of the rest of the source tree.

An ideal driver would actually go through a full QA-style regression
test, but especially for the larger UPSes, this often isn't practical.

- Charles