[Nut-upsdev] Patch to always install libupsclient-config

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 16:00:19 UTC 2009

On Jan 24, 2009, at 6:53 AM, Florian Forster wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when building with the WITH_DEV conditional, either `libupsclient.pc'
> *or* `libupsclient-config' is installed. This is annoying when linking
> with libupsclient, because you basically have to do the check twice,
> once using `pkg-config' and once using `libupsclient-config'.

Hi Florian,

practically speaking, you probably only need to check for the
libupsclient.pc - there are not many people out there who would have
the library built properly, but who would have libupsclient-config
instead of libupsclient.pc.

In particular, I think libupsclient was not built on older versions
of the Debian package, so people would either need to rebuild NUT
from source with the library enabled, or find a backport.

I think we were in the process of deprecating libupsclient-config.
Arnaud, is this still the case?

If so, we should probably change configure.in so that it prints an
error if things don't look right for generating libupsclient.pc.