[Nut-upsdev] liebert esp2 new version + crest factor

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 11:39:45 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 3:16 AM, Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org> wrote:
> Citeren Spiros Ioannou <sivann at gmail.com>:
>
>> 1) I'm planning on adding lots of measurements to the driver liebert-esp2
>> +
>> correct support for 3-phase systems. Should I make a large patch based on
>> the last svn head or send you the whole file? Multiple patches per change
>> are probably not practical in this case.
>
> If possible, separate patches that modify existing code/behavior from
> patches that add new functionality/variables. The latter are less likely to
> break existing installations.

We are starting to add some documentation about synchronizing DSCM
systems (like Git or Mercurial) to the NUT SVN repository:

http://buildbot.ghz.cc/~buildbot/docs/r2434-505/developer-guide.html#_distributed_scm_systems

This should make it easier to keep track of patches for logical
changes, rather than just having a single mega-patch. Let me know (via
this list please, to keep things organized on my end) if you have any
questions about how to get started with that.

Again, we are looking for a balance between large patches which take
longer to evaluate (and may need to be reworked), versus several
smaller stand-alone patches which can be easily applied incrementally.

--
- Charles Lepple