[Nut-upsdev] svn commit r2732

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Dec 13 19:31:17 UTC 2010

Citeren John Bayly <freebsd.ports op tipstrade.net>:

> I've discovered an issue (which may be unique to my UPS) with this commit.
> init_communication now returns -1, instead of 0 if it failed to read
> the manufacturer info, this makes sense after all.

Not entirely. Previously, the init_communication() function would try
to read "BELKIN", but it would settle for a valid reply format
(discarding the contents) after 10 retries.

> With my UPS (Belkin F6C1400-EUR), the response to the Manufacturer
> command returns only 6 spaces (rather than "BELKIN"), this means
> that init_communications fails, and the driver fails with EXIT_FAILURE

Fixed in r2735. The driver seems to ignore the contents of this
anyway. The value for 'ups.mfr' is even hard coded, which is already
an indication that the original author wasn't sure that we should
trust the value returned by the UPS.

Please keep list traffic on the list (off-list replies will be rejected)