[Nut-upsdev] 2.4.2 freeze

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 23:57:12 UTC 2010

On Feb 12, 2010, at 3:25 PM, Arnaud Quette wrote:

> 2010/2/12 Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org>:
>> Citeren Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> If nobody objects within 24 hours, I will tag and release 2.4.2-
>>> pre1.
>>
>> Do we really need tags for this? In recent history, we have seen
>> little to
>> no responses to the -pre releases. Can't we just direct people to a
>> specific
>> SVN revision? Or even better, provide them with a link to a tarball
>> that
>> they can use?
>
> that makes sense! I'll reserve tags for final release.
> from now on, the "-pre" cycle will only consist in freezing for a
> week.
> as usual, this is limited to non invasive changes.
>
> having a symlink to the latest buildbot tarball would help.
> @Charles: can you please recall me the situation on that point?

It really should be a redirect rather than a symlink, so that the
filename reflects the revision. I haven't had time to look into
implementing that.

On the other hand, the whole purpose of a freeze is to test a specific
version, so I think it makes sense to say "test the tarball at this
specific URL".

Using the '[help]' link at the bottom of the waterfall, it is possible
to customize the list of builds. The following URL limits the list to
trunk builds with tarballs:

http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/public/nut/waterfall?branch=trunk&builder=Debian-etch-x86&reload=none